Axon Access Agreement
In order to access the Herrmann Axon Thinker Analytics System, you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions below, which govern your use of the system and Herrmann’s products, including the HBDI® Assessment. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, please contact your Herrmann relationship manager to discuss options available to you.
The Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument® (HBDI®) Profile and Results
- The HBDI® Assessment measures preference, not competency or skills.
- The purpose of the HBDI® Assessment is not to change Thinkers, but rather to inform them of their preferences and the implications of those preferences.
- There are no good, bad, right or wrong HBDI® Profiles.
- HBDI® Assessment scores are not set in stone; the brain is malleable, and every individual’s thinking is flexible and can adapt to varying situations. Certified Practitioners are responsible for ensuring each Thinker understands this concept.
- Every Thinker must receive a proper debrief of their HBDI® Assessment results, either by a Certified Practitioner or via approved electronic debrief tools (e.g., Thinking Accelerator) Note that access to the HBDI® App or Digital Profile Pack does not constitute a complete debrief.
- Always prepare Thinkers for understanding their profile by providing an understanding of the Whole Brain® Model prior to revealing their personal HBDI® Profile.
- The HBDI® Profile is confidential; although a Thinker should be encouraged to share their HBDI® Profile to help them improve their interactions with other people, it should never be assumed that they have waived the confidentiality of their results.
- Honor the requests of Thinkers who have notified you or others in your company that they do not want their HBDI® Profile data disclosed or included in a team profile. If you do not know whether a Thinker has requested that their profile not be disclosed, ask them!
- The HBDI® Assessment should never be used as a selection tool, either for hiring, dismissal or promotion — it is not designed for those purposes.
- Do not stereotype, or allow for the stereotyping, of people based on their HBDI® Profile. This includes labeling people as a color (e.g., “he’s a red”) or otherwise implying that they may only have one primary preference—93% of people have more than one primary preference.
- Do not make assumptions or oversimplify the relationship between an individual’s preference and skills. This includes saying things like “that is the only part of the brain she uses,” “that is the only type of work they are wired for,” “all greens love project planning,” etc.
All Herrmann International Assessments
- Certified Practitioners should give all individual data directly to the individual Thinker, not through an associate, assistant or manager / boss.
- Always handle the assessment results in a confidential manner. Remember these are voluntary assessments..* Do not give assessment data to the personnel or employee relations department to become part of a personnel record without the authorization of the Thinker. Remember, you are the guardian of this information and are responsible for any consequences of its misuse.
- Encourage Thinkers to consistently and appropriately apply Whole Brain® Thinking and leverage their learnings whenever possible—when providing feedback, in communicating, in team meetings, in planning, problem solving, etc.
- Make every effort to answer a Thinker's questions about their assessment and results. If for any reason, important questions cannot be answered, refer that individual to your Herrmann office.
Herrmann International's Axon Thinking Analytics System
- Axon System users should utilize the resources available within Axon only as intended.
- Emails sent through the Axon system should not contain confidential or proprietary information, nor should they contain defamatory, discriminatory, harassing, or otherwise inappropriate messages.
- Access to the Axon system is carefully set up for many types of users. Users should not share usernames or passwords. If another user needs access, please contact Herrmann.
Data Privacy and Protection
All personal data pertaining to Thinkers, including identifiers, contact information, and assessment responses, assessment results and assessment profiles must be protected as provided in this section.
You agree that under no circumstances will you disclose, or permit to be disclosed, any Thinker's HBDI® Profile or other personal data to anyone other than (other) Certified Practitioners or the Thinkers to whom the personal data apply without the prior explicit consent of the Thinkers. You further agree that, under no circumstances, will you use assessment profiles or other personal data for inappropriate or illegal discrimination against any individual.
You must ensure that all assessment data and other personal data regarding Thinkers is stored and processed securely. Where electronic storage is employed, access will be denied by fully secure means to all but yourself and (other) Certified Practitioners. You must comply fully with all data security and privacy laws applicable in every jurisdiction in which you control or process personal data described in these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
As a material condition to my receiving access to the Axon system, I agree to comply with all the foregoing terms and conditions. I understand that this is a binding legal agreement between me and Herrmann International, Inc.